Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: How to make GNU Guile more successful
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 21:41:25 +0100

Michael Vehrs <address@hidden> writes:

> As a late-comer to this discussion, here are my two cents. The thing I
> miss most is a central package repository like Eggs Unlimited
> (http://wiki.call-cc.org/chicken-projects/egg-index-4.html), or the
> Racket Package List (http://pkgs.racket-lang.org/), or CPAN, of course.
> Sure, a bespoke package manager might be nifty, but a single curated
> list of packages would be a game-changer.

In theory we have guildhall for this: https://github.com/ijp/guildhall

In practice it does not provide a web interface for uploading packages.

If you want to do something truly exciting, you could take wingos fibers
and build a high performance web interface for guildhall with them.

This is something I’d love to do but I fear that it’s not high enough in
my todo list that I’ll actually get it done.¹

Best wishes,
Arne

¹: I became Freenet Release Manager a few months ago. That took away the
   last free time I could allocate to new challenging projects.
--
Unpolitisch sein
heißt politisch sein