Re: guile can't find a chinese named file

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile can't find a chinese named file
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 22:33:02 +0100

On Tue 14 Feb 2017 20:58, Linas Vepstas <address@hidden> writes:

> Guile's mistake is that it does lots of pointless conversions from utf8
> strings
> to wide-char arrays, and back, which is a) a cpu suck, and b) a breeding
> ground for bugs.   The current 2.1 guile, in git as of a few weeks ago, has
> multiple utf8 handling bugs.

What bugs are these?  I just found 25397 which I think was initially a
misunderstanding on your part, then you added more expected behaviors
that were not specified in the manual, and vaguely hint at more bugs;
perplexing!  Please be more direct when reporting bugs (i.e. bug-guile
etc).  Thanks in advance.

Andy