Re: Guile Hacker Handbook - Character sets

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Guile Hacker Handbook - Character sets
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 08:09:49 +0100

Hi Jérémy,

Thank you for your book!

How you’re describing char-sets using a clear use-case looks really
good!

A few comments:

# Try and run the test

here you write “the test fails”, which is slightly unprecise. The
precise wording would be “the test will fail to run”.

# Write the minimal …

I wonder why the test-suite returns "passes 1" in the second try (with
undefined password-valid?).

Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski <jeremy@korwin-zmijowski.fr> writes:

> The next chapter will probably introduce macros (syntax-rules) !

If you want to see the extend to which you can play with macros, you can
have a look at my natural-script-writing entry-point (from enter-three-witches):
https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/dryads-wake/browse/enter.w?rev=tip#L349

Thank you for your book!

Best wishes,
Arne