Re: Guile import issue

From: Zelphir Kaltstahl
Subject: Re: Guile import issue
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 12:25:28 +0000

On 6/15/23 12:33, Jean Abou Samra wrote:

Le jeudi 15 juin 2023 à 12:29 +0200, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :

As you can see, the library macro has turned the (export real-part) part into a re-export from (guile).

Sigh. This is the code from |module/ice-9/r6rs-libraries.scm|:

|(define (compute-exports ifaces specs) (define (re-export? sym) (or-map (lambda (iface) (module-variable iface sym)) ifaces)) (define (replace? sym) (module-variable the-scm-module sym)) |

This will just treat anything as re-export if it's defined in one of the imported modules, even if the module being defined also has a same-named binding...

Hello Jean!

I should learn how to check these things myself in the Guile sources. Thank you for that.

This is what I suspected from the behavior I saw.

OK, should I raise this on the Guile developers list?

I can work around it by using define-module in my repo for now. Not mission critical, although I usually prefer using more "portable" expressions, when I can.

Best regards,
Zelphir

--
repositories:https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl