Re: Python slices in Scheme

From: Damien Mattei
Subject: Re: Python slices in Scheme
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 09:45:19 +0200

what troubled me is the uppercase in Front and the sense and i'm not easy
with english as being french. Sexp i already know as symbolic expressions ,
that are in Scheme prefix expression but could also be infix or postfix,
SRFI 105 being an infix reader for Scheme noted with curly syntax but they
exist only at the reader stage before evaluation, only Scheme prefix
expression are evaluated being converted from infix to prefix, it can be
easily put in evidence when quoting an expression and displaying it as in
this example:
;; Racket example
'{#(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9)[2 / 5 / 1]}
'($bracket-apply$ #(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) 2 / 5 / 1)

;; Guile example
scheme@(guile-user)> '{"0123456789"[5 / 2 / -1]}
$2 = ($bracket-apply$ "0123456789" 5 / 2 / -1)

note that in racket my SRFI 105 reader adaptation display the result quoted
too:'($bracket-apply$ #(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) 2 / 5 / 1)
but not of this happen in Guile, i really do not know what should be the
good result in Scheme,anyway it i think it is only a representation, it
does not change the computation when used in a program.
Damien