guix-devel

GSoC status

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: GSoC status
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:32:05 +0200

Hello,

As you may know, we got one slot for Guix as part of the GNU
organization for GSoC.  I emailed José and Giuseppe (who take care of
that on the GNU side) before going away from keyboard, telling we’d like
to have Manolis on the Hurd porting project.

Somehow the message got lost.  I was away on the day of the deadline, so
the end result is that we don’t have the slot.  José has since struggled
with the person responsible for that at Google, to no avail.

So please Manolis, accept my apologies.  This is all the more
frustrating to me since you’ve been so dedicated to the project over the
past months.  I hope we can keep working together.

The lesson is that I should have been more cautious.  Probably that
process would be best handled by a group of people.

Ludo’.