guix-devel

Everything depends on openmpi

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Everything depends on openmpi
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 08:14:46 +0200

Hello,

as openmpi currently does not build on hydra, a lengthy list of failed
dependent packages appears:
   http://hydra.gnu.org/eval/75135#tabs-now-fail
This contains packages such as a2ps, alsa-utils, automoc4, gnunet, imagemagick,
qt etc., which a priori have no relationship with mpi.

I did not follow all dependency chains, but one of the culprits is fftw, as a
dependency of pulseaudio.

Would it not make sense to create a separate package that has openmpi as an
additional input?

Then I think it would be good to analyse the complete dependency chains
starting with openmpi.

Andreas