guix-devel

Advanced Config Template

From: Omar Radwan
Subject: Advanced Config Template
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 19:42:47 -0800

I'm trying to install guix in a way that I have X, tor and networking on the fly right after install, but I'm having a very hard time with the declaration services. This is my config.scm

(use-modules (gnu))

(operating-system
  (host-name "Atom")
  (timezone "US/Pacific")
  (locale "en_US.UTF-8")
  (bootloader (grub-configuration (device "/dev/sda")))
  (file-systems (cons (file-system
                        (device "/dev/sda1")
                        (mount-point "/")
                        (type "ext4"))
                      %base-file-systems))
  (users (list (user-account
                (name "omar")
                (group "users")

                (supplementary-groups '("wheel"
                                        "audio" "video"))
                (home-directory "/home/omar")))))

I'm not sure how I would exactly be able to do it, but I barely know anything about Scheme and how its functions work, I hope I'm not wasting anyones time by asking a stupid question like this, and I hope someone would be able to help me.