guix-devel

Re: [ART] Logo proposal

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: [ART] Logo proposal
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 17:11:14 -0200

Em Sun, 08 Feb 2015 09:25:49 -0500
Luis Felipe López Acevedo <address@hidden> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> I made some logos for Guix and GuixSD:
>
> * http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guix/Guix.png
> * http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/static/temp/img/guix/GuixSD.png

Congratulations Luis, those are incredibly beautiful logos.  The
beauty of simplicity in GuixSD's logo amazes me.

Pondering about Guix's logo, I wonder why not complete the cube with
the missing green and gray sides.  I think my concept of beauty is
intrinsically linked to symmetry. :-P

IMHO, Guix should drop its logo and use none at all.  It seems to me
that its current logo was originally conceived not for the package
manager by itself but for the resultant distribution, as the original
subtitle (now removed) "The GNU System" suggests.

On the other hand I think that the GuixSD's logo you made should be
adopted; specially that one with orange head, bright text and dark
background.

Thank you very much for your work!

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;

[GNU DISCLAIMER] I'm a GNU hacker, but my views don't necessarily
match those of the GNU project.  Hereby I express my own opinion,
style and perception, in good faith, aiming the betterment of GNU.