guix-devel

patch for gnu/packages/scheme.scm

From: Alexander Shendi
Subject: patch for gnu/packages/scheme.scm
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 01:13:42 +0200

Dear list,

I have just installed Guix SD 0.8.2. I have initialized the system from the
desktop template.

I noticed a problem with the mit-scheme 9.2 package. When inwoking the edwin
editor from
the MIT-Scheme REPL (via "(edwin)"), I got an error message instead of the
expected editor window:

;Can't find any usable display type
;To continue, call RESTART with an option number:
; (RESTART 1) => Return to read-eval-print level 1.

2 error>

One reason for this is that libx11 is not listed a a dependency. The attached
patch solves the problem.
It is rather simple, but I hope it is useful.

TODO:
* Make Edwin work on a terminal (this still doesn't work)

I you have any questions, please mail me directly mailto:address@hidden , as I
am not (yet)
subscribed to this list.

Best Regards and thanks for the fine Work on Guix SD so far,

Alexander