guix-devel

Re: guix environment & PS1

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: guix environment & PS1
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:28:27 +0200

Thompson, David <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Ricardo Wurmus
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Would it be feasible to give "GUIX_ENVIRONMENT" the package name as a
>> value instead of just "t"?
>
> Not really, because 'guix environment' accepts any number of packages.

Oh, right.  I forgot about ad-hoc environments and “guix environment
-l”.

I’m mostly using “guix environment” with a single package name, and for
that purpose it would be nice if I could make the shell prompt indicate
for what package this environment was created.  I guess “t” as a value
for “GUIX_ENVIRONMENT” will have to do then.

~~ Ricardo