guix-devel

Should we start a Guix users wiki?

From: Craig Barnes
Subject: Should we start a Guix users wiki?
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 23:08:29 +0100

Hi Guix,

Some time ago I asked on IRC about a guix users wiki.  Someone suggest
that I propose one here (sorry it's taken so long).

I think that a wiki would be a good complement to the manual, which
while quite complete, lacks exhaustive examples (which would be
impractical).

I have found myself searching through the mailing list archives for
solutions, and trawling through relevant threads on a number of
occasions.  If this information was organized in a dedicated wiki it
would be much more accessible and would make it maintainable.

As an example, Arch(Gnu)Linux's wiki is one of it's stronger points.  I
often end up there when searching for answers to application questions
for other distros.

I would be more than happy to help maintain a Guix(SD) wiki, if needed I
would be happy to host it somewhere.

What do you think?

Cheers

Craig