guix-devel

Re: Update mafft to 7.245.

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Update mafft to 7.245.
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 13:47:53 +0100

Ben Woodcroft <address@hidden> writes:

>> What do you think?
> I think you are quite valiant. As I say, I cannot be confident in my
> testing (even those in the readme). The diff looked mostly fine by eye,
> but there was some issues near the end which mangled things somewhat

What was mangled?

> (although maybe not the result, not sure). How's the attached? I upped
> version too. OK?

I think this line may be problematic:

> +               (("([\"`| ])awk" _ prefix)

Is your intent really to replace “ awk” and “|awk”?  In my previous
patch I tried to more explicit by using alternatives in the group:

> +               (("(\"|`|\| )awk" _ prefix)

Was there a problem with the version above?  It does not replace “ awk”
and “|awk” but only “| awk” (in addition to the other two variants).

Other than that the patch does look fine.  If you confirm that this is
what you intended then I’ll push it as is.

Thanks!

~~ Ricardo