guix-devel

Re: Packagers tutorial, deployment tutorial

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Packagers tutorial, deployment tutorial
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 19:40:55 +0100

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 02:01:37PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> For someone willing to contribute non-trivial documentation, I cannot
> imagine Texinfo being a significant barrier.  For the most part, it’s
> really trivial.
>
> WDYT?

Texinfo is quite a bit harder to read/write than Org-mode. I understand your
point about central canonical documentation - and, indeed, that is
where it should end if it is any good.

For drafting tutorials, however, I prefer a more loose approach. Think
of it as a form of blogging. And when parts of it are good enough they
may end up in the main docs.

> You can use GitHub for your own work if you want, of course.  However,
> Guix itself will remain on Savannah, and its procedure will remain
> patches sent over email.

I am not questioning that. I am talking about writing tutorials.

Anyway, I don't hear much enthusiasm for such a project.

Pj.