guix-devel

Guix website

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Guix website
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 12:18:41 +0100

I just had a look at the Guix website and it appears to advertise
liberating, dependable and hackable.

Now I am not going to say this is bad, it appeals to *me*, but it does
address hackers more than system administrators who ought to switch to
GNU Guix. The man who wrote this

http://www.vitavonni.de/blog/201503/2015031201-the-sad-state-of-sysadmin-in-the-age-of-containers.html

should have mentioned Guix. Right?

So, what can we change to attract the right crowd? I strongly suggest
to weigh in on 'reproducible software deployment', security and
certification.

What do you think? Can we first and foremost pitch reproducibility?
More and more people will start to understand the binary installation
problem and look for *real* solutions that can handle complexity. They
will come to us and tell their *hackers* to look into it ;)

Pj.

(PS Thanks Dave for the link).