guix-devel

Re: Update btrfs-progs once again and add static output

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Update btrfs-progs once again and add static output
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 23:00:10 +0200

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 06:30:18PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

>> > I forgot to check how many packages would be rebuilt by the change to
>> > util-linux: 714.
>> >
>> > Should I revert the change and put it on core-updates?
>>
>> That would have been the way to go, yes.
>
> Okay, thanks to Dave and Mark for doing the necessary reversions.
>
> Hopefully I won't forget to check this again, but if I do it would be
> good for me to know what happens when changes are pushed the master
> branch on Savannah.
>
> Does hydra start building the changes immediately? If so, and I had
> reverted the change, would that have stopped the ongoing build?

Hydra picks up the changes “after some time”, it basically polls the Git
repo (though nowadays we often disable automatic polling to reduce load
on the server…)

“Obsolete” builds that are queued have to be stopped explicitly through
the web interface at hydra.gnu.org by one of the authorized people
(currently one of Mark, Andreas, or myself.)

HTH!

Ludo’.