guix-devel

Re: Ungrafting

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Ungrafting
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 14:39:43 -0400

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 09:34:34AM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:
> > Core-updates was suggested on IRC. This would mean that after each graft
> > commit, master would need to be merged into core-updates, and then the
> > "ungrafting" patch could be applied.

> In practice, this means that after applying the graft to master, master
> should be merged into core-updates before applying the ungrafting commit
> to core-updates.
>
> What do you think?

I'm having a hard time seeing the difference between our suggestions.
Can you clarify yours?

To give more detail, here is what I was suggesting:

1) Apply a graft to master.
2) Merge master into core-updates.
3) Apply a commit to core-updates that "un-does" the graft and applies
the bug fix without a graft.

Apologies if my original email was unclear.