guix-devel

Re: using Cuirass to track a guix packages' git

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: using Cuirass to track a guix packages' git
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 07:42:09 +0200

Mathieu Lirzin writes:

> David Craven <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I think the web interface and the json API are two different
>> "projects".
>
> Agreed.

Oh!  Then why choose json (poor-man's-sexps?) over sexps?  I'm mostly
just using sexps with read and write, and pipe through json translators
when crossing the border to the javascript realm.

>>> just a matter of knowing how to do the javascript stuff. :)
>>
>> Many people think that JS is a toy language, JS the good parts is a
>> weekend read (like 100p or something) that might change your
>> perspective and covers everything, you already know functional
>> programming.
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-QBlsZR8DS4ZUJLcnkzdkxZVkU
>
> Sounds interesting.  I will try to find some time to read this book.

Here's a spoiler

    JavaScript's functions are first class objects with (mostly) lexical
    scoping.  JavaScript is the first lambda language to go
    mainstream. Deep down, JavaScript has more in common with Lisp and
    Scheme than with Java.  It is Lisp in C's clothing.  This makes
    JavaScript a remarkably powerful language.

Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl