guix-devel

Re: Zipped Python .egg-files

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Zipped Python .egg-files
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 22:12:18 +0100

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just packaged a Python package and found was generating a zipped
> .egg-file - which is not that bad, since this saved space.
>
> But: This zip-file does include recent time-stamps.
>
> I assume this is wrong, isn't it? Can somebody more skilled than me
> please implement something like "strip-jar-timestamps"
> (ant-build-system) for .egg-files?! Thanks. Or should I file a
> bug-report for this?

There is a related bug for this:

You can search for that URL in python.scm to find workarounds.

I find myself adding the "--single-version-externally-managed" flag more
often than not and am willing to try changing python-build-system to use
pip, as discussed in that bug. But won't have time until a few weeks
from now, at least.

Thanks,
Marius