guix-devel

Re: bug#25356: livestreamer no longer supported

From: ng0
Subject: Re: bug#25356: livestreamer no longer supported
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 18:50:14 +0000

address@hidden writes:

> I just wanted to point out that livestreamer seems to be entirely dead and the
> project has been forked. As of this bugreport, the last change was Febuary
> 2nd,
> 2016, and while this isn't exactly a long time, considering it no longer works
> properly with Twitch.tv (one of, if not the, largest streaming site atm
> afaik),
> gives the impression that it is a dead project.
>
> The fork is named streamlink and is located at https://streamlink.github.io/
> and
> seems to work well.
>
> I'm not sure who is maintaining the livestreamer package, so I'm simply filing
> this as a bug here and hope everything is forwarded nicely.

Thanks!

Do I read this correctly that they include some kind of
anti-military license in there? I mean I am very much welcoming
such an exclusion but with all the past discussions I had it lead
to the point where it is not compatible with free software.

Do we have to strip OCB from the source?
https://github.com/Legrandin/pycryptodome/blob/master/LICENSE.rst

Pycryptodome is a dependency of streamlink.

--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
PGP keys and more: https://n0is.noblogs.org/ http://ng0.chaosnet.org