guix-devel

Re: Remove all "unreachable" objects in store

From: Alex Vong
Subject: Re: Remove all "unreachable" objects in store
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 21:58:29 +0800

Hello,

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> when packaging software, the store fills up with intermediate versions.
> I would like to get rid of these.
>
> My "production" environment typically lags behind the development head
> quite some releases. So if I run `guix gc`, this would remove quite a
> lot of packages which will then be rebuild just afterwards, when I build
> the next package. Some of these are quite big, e.g. numpy or glibc.
>
> So I'd like to garbage collect all packages which are no longer current,
> for which there is no longer a way to build them.
>
> Any ideas?

You can add '--gc-keep-outputs=yes' and '--gc-keep-derivations=yes'
flags to guix-daemon in 'guix-daemon.service' (assume you are using
systemd as init).

The relevant info can be found in
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Invoking-guix_002ddaemon>.

Hope it helps, it was the question I asked on this list in the past!