guix-devel

gnu: ghc-8: Update to 8.0.2

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: gnu: ghc-8: Update to 8.0.2
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 18:32:47 +0100

beHi,

I've updated our ghc-8 Haskell compiler to the latest version (8.0.2)
and in doing so I've investigated why both 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 do not work
without setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the required system libraries.
I've found that NIX had the same problem.  The root cause for them was
that their gcc-wrapper was not able to properly handle arguments
passed through response files.  I suspect that we have the same
problem.

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/10752
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/11762

For the moment I've borrowed a patch for GHC that they did use before
fixing the gcc-wrapper. Going forward it would probably be wise to fix
our gcc/ld wrapper as well.

Regards,
Fede