guix-devel

Re: Add: bbs100.

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Add: bbs100.
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 18:16:01 +0000

On 17-02-01 11:22:15, Kei Kebreau wrote:
> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > This patch adds bbs100. It is still maintained, the release intervals
> > are just very long.
> > It will need a service to be fully functional, but that service looks
> > like it will be small.
> > The build runs a test and does not follow 100% the INSTALL file in the
> > source of bbs100, for the reason that when you do as they recommend
> > you will sent the build system into a loop. Funny bug.
> >
> > I hope this build also terminates the "bbs" process after the check
> > phase, because when I wanted to start it I was told it already runs
> > (but I saw no bbs or its pid in my joblist).
> > The check phase says it is working, so I trust it.
>
> Can you do something about the logs showing up in the output directory?
> Perhaps reconfiguring the build so the default log directory is in
> /var/log instead of etc/log (other devs, is this okay?).
> The log contents make the build output time-dependent.

Difficult, at a short run of grep it looks as if this requires a
patch/substitute of certain occurences. I have to study this for a while
longer. I don't put this aside as a FIXME as the log directory is
probably affected at runtime (when there's a service for the bbs).

A FIXME is that the bin directory is a symlink to bin-3.3.1.

> Also, could you use a @code tag for Citadel instead of quotes since it's
> also software? Thanks!

Okay.

--