guix-devel

No such file: LLVMgold.so while packaging ponyc

From: ng0
Subject: No such file: LLVMgold.so while packaging ponyc
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 14:44:13 +0000

A while ago I started packaging ponylang's compiler "ponyc", which can
be found here (https://pagure.io/guix-dev/branch/package/langs/ponyc).
For your convinience this is also attached as a .patch file.

It seems as if it requires the LLVMgold.so file, at least [0]
and my own errors are telling me this.

We do not provide the LLVMgold.so file. This could be similar to the
package definition rust has.

  Linking libponyc
  ar:
/gnu/store/cdi08kw7r6r684w8mk0xq0dkgpjhfpmd-gcc-4.9.4-lib/lib/LLVMgold.so:
  ... (lots of similar errors)
  ar: build/release/obj/libgtest/gtest_main.o: plugin needed to handle lto
object
  ar: build/release/obj/libgtest/gtest-all.o: plugin needed to handle lto object
  main.c
  Linking ponyc
  collect2: fatal error: cannot find 'ld'
  compilation terminated.
  make: *** [Makefile:591: build/release/ponyc] Error 1
  phase `build' failed after 55.4 seconds

I'm open for new ideas.

0:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/development/compilers/ponyc/default.nix