guix-devel

Re: Key 69096DFDD7028BEDACC5884BC5E051C79C0BECDB "Key has been compromis

From: David Craven
Subject: Re: Key 69096DFDD7028BEDACC5884BC5E051C79C0BECDB "Key has been compromised"
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:04:12 +0100

Hi Leo

> Can you clarify whether the key was deleted inadvertently, or if you
> think it was actually "compromised". To me, key compromise means you
> believe that the private key could have been copied by a 3rd party.

Key revocation certificates are generated before something happens.

It is possible, but unlikely that someone obtained my key file. There is
a strong password on it however, and I'm not aware of anyone using my
key. The signature should be valid for all before the revocation date and
for none after.

David