guix-devel

Re: a Trytond service

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: a Trytond service
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 11:39:39 +0100

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 21:42:24 +0200
Catonano <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to write a service for Trytond
>
> There are tons of things i don't know/understand
>
> But this is the first one:
>
> The Tryton manual states that I need to indicate a "data directory"
> to the daemon and that such directory should be:
>
> "The directory where Tryton stores files and so the user running
> trytond must have write access on this directory.
> Default: The db folder under the user home directory running trytond."
>
> See here (notice that this is in the "database" section of te
> configuration)
>
> http://doc.tryton.org/4.4/trytond/doc/topics/configuration.html#database
>
> My idea was that Tryton would have used a postgres managed by the
> omonimous service, so my user and my home folder shouldn't be
> concerned, here
>
> I don't know enough of the Unix assumptions here

Some users for services use some /var/run directory as there home
directory, which works if the data doesn't need to survive reboots.
Otherwise, the data should go in to /var/lib.

The Tryton documentation isn't very clear to me either, Using PostgreSQL
sounds like a good place to start, and ideally it would be flexible
enough that any of the options are available when using the Guix
service.