guix-devel

Re: isc-bind service draft

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: isc-bind service draft
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 18:03:40 +0100

Hi Oleg,

Oleg Pykhalov <address@hidden> skribis:

> Here is a new working in vm version.  There is still a lot work to do:
>
> - More apropriate for everyone default config.
> - Writing tests.
>
> More suggestions are welcome :-)

That looks neat!  With doc and a couple of examples, and indeed a test,
it would be perfect.  But you’re almost there, no?

> (define-record-type* <bind-options-configuration>
>   bind-options-configuration make-bind-options-configuration
>   bind-options-configuration?

[...]

>   (allow-recursion? bind-options-configuration-allow-recursion? ; list
>                     (default (list "127.0.0.1")))
>   (allow-transfer?  bind-options-configuration-allow-transfer?  ; list
>                     (default (list "none")))
>   (allow-update?    bind-options-configuration-allow-update?    ; list
>                     (default (list "none")))
>   (version          bind-options-configuration-version          ; string
>                     (default "none"))

As a matter of style, I would use question marks only for Booleans.
Here these appear to be enumerations and strings, no?

>   (hostname         bind-options-configuration-hostname         ; string
>                     (default (gethostname)))

Not a great default (for instance if you’re configuring a remote
machine).  Should we just not provide a default?

Thank you!

Ludo’.