guix-devel

Re: website: showcase or list videos and slides, sources of all talks

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: website: showcase or list videos and slides, sources of all talks
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 15:15:25 -0500

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

>> Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
>>> Many (most?) of the videos linked from our old website were on
>>> audio-video.gnu.org.
>>
>> Yes, and that’s really nice.  The only downside is that we’re lacking a
>> number of videos of conferences that put them on YouTube, and which we’d
>> have to youtube-dl and upload to audio-video.gnu.org (among the recent
>> talks: freenode #live, GPCE, RSE, BOB, etc.).
>>
>> It would be great if a couple of people could share the duty of Video
>> Masters to do that.
>>
>> Mark, you’re already a member of
>> <https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/audio-video>.
>
> Indeed.  Okay, I'll work on trancoding the videos and uploading them to
> audio-video.gnu.org.

FYI, I started working on this shortly after writing this message, and
currently have 3 videos waiting to upload to audio-video.gnu.org: BOSC
2017, GPCE 2017, and BOB 2017, the last of which required fixing up the
audio track which was very quiet and with one muted channel.

Unfortunately, the upload process is not working for me.  Rsync simply
hangs without doing anything when trying to upload (I waited an hour
once), although I'm able to download the list of existing files via
rsync.

I sent a message to address@hidden on 23 Dec 2017 reporting the
problem, but I've not yet received any response.

       Mark