guix-devel

Help packaging rct.

From: Fis Trivial
Subject: Help packaging rct.
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 06:05:09 +0000

Due to bug#29864
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2018-01/msg00177.html
I need to package *rct* library to solve to bundling issue of *rtags*.

Reading from the short README file and a glimpse of source code from rct, it's
like a
oversimplified version of Qt, or maybe Boost.

I have already packaged it, but the problem is I don't know where to put it.
Here is the only one description line I found in README file:

        A set of c++ tools that provide nicer (more Qt-like) APIs on top of stl
classes
        released under a BSD license.

And by reading the source code, it's a basic collection of C++ facilities which
contains
abstraction for process, file system and other stuff like socket. I searched
through the
gnu/packages directory, Boost and Qt have their own module, some c++ libraries
like cereal
have their very specific purpose.

So, do you have a specific place for libraries like rct?
Or I create a new module for it?
Or I just leave it to be part of *rtags* which is mentioned in bug#29864?