guix-devel

Re: Does Guix publish work with mDNS?

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Does Guix publish work with mDNS?
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 02:03:42 +0100

Chris Marusich <address@hidden> writes:

> By "Guix publish works over mDNS," I mean that if I publish substitutes
> on one machine in my network, then other machines on my network will
> discover the publishing endpoint via mDNS and use it transparently like
> any other substitute server (assuming that my network is configured to
> allow mDNS to operate normally).
>
> Perhaps I only dreamed it?

I'm afraid it was only a dream.  I've seen Ludo speculate this
possibility a couple of times, but AFAIK it is still not implemented.

With FOSDEM (and its congested wifi) nearing in, imagine being able to
download untrusted substitutes from your neighbour (as long as they
advertiste the same output as Hydra).  Close, but no cigar yet!