guix-devel

Re: Overriding PostGIS install directories

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Overriding PostGIS install directories
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 14:27:54 +0100

Hi Ben,

Ben Sturmfels <address@hidden> skribis:

> I'm trying to force configure to use /share instead by patching
> configure.ac as attached. The patch seems like it's being applied, as I
> can see the change in
> /tmp/guix-build-postgis-2.4.2.drv-7/postgis-2.4.2/configure.ac, but it
> seems that the corresponding "configure" file is unchanged, so I'm
> obviously missing something.

You would need to run “autoreconf” in a pre-configure phase to
regenerate ‘configure’.  And thus you’d need to add Autoconf (and maybe
Automake and Libtool) as native inputs, too.

However, I’d recommend simply patching ‘configure’ itself in a snippet,
using ‘substitute*’.  That way, you won’t have to add these dependencies
and extra phase.

HTH!

Ludo’.