guix-devel

Krita 3 and 4 compatibility issues

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Krita 3 and 4 compatibility issues
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:44:57 -0400

I updated Krita to 4.0.0, but later I noticed some issues with the
transition, notably that the Krita 3 and 4 file formats are not totally
compatible and may not work consistently between versions:

"Krita 4 has a new file format for vector and text objects. Krita 4
tries to import Krita 3 and older files. Krita 3 and older will not be
able to read vector and text objects saved by Krita 4. Because the new
file format and the old file format are not 100% compatible, images with
vector and text objects might look different in Krita 4. We recommend:

    To always keep a backup of your Krita 3 files before working on them
    in Krita4!
    In some cases, to convert your vector and text layers to raster
    layers before working on your old files in Krita 4!"

https://krita.org/en/krita-4-0-release-notes/

Should we do anything about this?