guix-devel

Re: a blog post

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: a blog post
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 12:59:03 +0200

Am 06.04.2018 um 10:58 schrieb Catonano:
> It's about Guix, Guile and Free Software in general. From my very own
> point of view

Quote:

    [org.mode…] as far as I understand some Google employees worked on it.

Does one become blessed and enlightened by getting employed by Gugle? Is
Gugle a magic guild?

Sorry, can't stand this google devoutness.

Hartmut,

it's not devoutness

What I was trying to convey is that org-mode reached a wide community, it entered places where the common attitude towards the gpl is of prudence, to say at least.

I was not referring to a technological success but rather to a communitarian (political ?) one.

Guile is light years far away from such a success, sadly.

That said, I also expect the average Google engineer to be quite competent.
But admittedly that's not by direct experience

That's all ☺