guix-devel

Re: Translating to Chinese, Spanish and Japanese (and more)

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Translating to Chinese, Spanish and Japanese (and more)
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 17:41:53 +0200

Hello,

I am very sorry for the late reply.  I got behind on my e-mail.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 12:22:43PM +0200, julien lepiller wrote:
> Le 2018-02-06 11:19, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) a écrit :
> > Forgot attachment.
>
> Hi, what's the status of that?

The current status has not changed since this discussion.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-02/msg00172.html

It has links to patches that I plan to work on in the coming week.  I
still need to document the Haunt changes and propose them to David
Thompson again.

> In the meantime, I've found ITS (Internationalization Tag Set) and itstool:
> http://itstool.org/
>
> What do you think?

This could be useful for translating blog posts that consist of just
data, but for the main Haunt source code I want more control and less
automation.  When translating blog posts, I do not intend to use PO
files, instead I just make a new file with the translated blog post
for the other language’s blog.  But maybe Guix would prefer PO for its
blog posts.

See my source code here:

https://pelzflorian.de/git/pelzfloriande-website/tree/

See my po file here:

https://pelzflorian.de/git/pelzfloriande-website/tree/po/de.po

(Search for the “<” character to find examples of how it uses XML,
using what Ricardo Wurmus proposed.)

Regards,
Florian