guix-devel

Re: Guix on android blog post

From: julien lepiller
Subject: Re: Guix on android blog post
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 17:28:22 +0200

Le 2018-04-24 17:02, Ricardo Wurmus a écrit :
julien lepiller <address@hidden> writes:

I would
recommend getting an armv7 or x86 device, because packages will be more
available than for aarch64 as with my current phone.

Is this still a problem?  We have two aarch64 build nodes (of which one
was added very recently), which I’d expect to be faster than the armv7
boards.

(I don’t have any ARM devices to test this myself, so I could be very
wrong.)

--
Ricardo

I can't really compare with arm as I don't have any arm device with Guix on them, but I had to build quite a lot of packages for my first guix pull. And then it fails to build perl. So what you see on the image is a lie: I mistakenly installed the arm guix which ran fine until it tried to build a newer version
in guix pull.

I tried to build a binary installation image for aarch64 on a recent commit but that failed too at building the manual pages. I still had to build a glibc version yesterday, but it looked like there were more substitutes available than
for the version my phone is running on.