guix-devel

Re: Use .authinfo for git credentials

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Use .authinfo for git credentials
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 15:47:57 +0530

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> writes:

> I use 'msmtp' as the transport and have configured it to look up
> passwords from 'password-store'.
>
> $ git config --get-regexp sendemail.*
> sendemail.smtpserver /home/marius/.guix-profile/bin/msmtp
> sendemail.envelopesender auto

From the (1)git-send-email man page:

       --smtp-server=<host>
           If set, specifies the outgoing SMTP server to use (e.g.
           smtp.example.com or a raw IP address). Alternatively it can specify
           a full pathname of a sendmail-like program instead; the program
           must support the -i option. Default value can be specified by the
           sendemail.smtpServer configuration option; the built-in default is
           to search for sendmail in /usr/sbin, /usr/lib and $PATH if such
           program is available, falling back to localhost otherwise.

The smtp program must support the -i option.

I use Emacs' message-send to send e-mails.
I don't think Emacs accepts the -i option.

I could write a wrapper, but I don't think this is the most ideal
option.

--
Pierre Neidhardt

"Success covers a multitude of blunders."
-- George Bernard Shaw