guix-devel

Re: Improving the README and new user experience

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Improving the README and new user experience
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 11:57:53 +0200

On June 20, 2018 10:24:47 AM GMT+02:00, Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden>
wrote:

... Snip

>Nano has paren matching (Alt-]) and commenting out (Alt-3).  It allows
>you to select text with cursor keys, then shift-cursor keys.
>
>It might make sense to patch the nano status line to mention that,
>though.
>
>I agree that otherwise it leaves something to be desired - but it can
>be used for editing lisp source code just fine.

That was news to me. Sounds good with a clarifying patch.
Maybe the commenting out is just e making big changes and is is not needed for
small incremental initial changes to the config.
I will try to look into nano and see if I can figure out how to patch it.

I think the manual should guide new users to a s little painful experience as
possible. I will try building the installer and test it out as this would
potentially take us a big step forward.
--
Cheers Swedebugia