guix-devel

Re: FOSDEM 2019 - stand

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2019 - stand
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 13:14:00 +0200

There is one more month left until application deadline (November 2),
so I want to bring this back to your attention:

On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 01:03:25 +0200
Björn Höfling <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Guix,
>
> FOSDEM also offers stands where you can present your project and get
> directly in contact with interested people. What do you think? Should
> we get one?
>
> Details can be found here:
>
> https://fosdem.org/2019/news/2018-08-10-call-for-participation/
>
> * Application deadline: 2018-11-02, so there is a bit more time left.
> * There are no costs.
> * We get a 180x80cm table, two chairs.
> * Power socket available.
> * WiFi as usual available.
> * We commit us to have at least 2 people at the stand during whole
> FOSDEM.

[..]

> The stands are usually very demanded. We have better chances if we
> share the table with some other project. Should we do that? And if,
> with which project?
>
> * Can we get some reproducible-builds/bootstrappable corporation?
> Debian?
> * Nix?
> * Guile?

First of all, thanks to those who are willing to take a shift. Here's
the current list:

* Alex Sassmannshausen
* Tonton
* Andreas Enge
* Ludovic
* Gabor Boskovits
* Leo Famulari
* Tobias G-R
* me

Have I missed someone? Do we find more volunteers?

Also, the question weather or not we should go with a partner was not
addressed. Only Pjotr noted that GNU would be another one. I'm not sure
if GNU as such is participating, I only saw the FSFE-stand.

How should we go on with this? There are only about 2 weeks left.

Björn