guix-devel

Question about Guix documentation

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Question about Guix documentation
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 10:36:13 -0300

Hi everyone :)

I have some questions as regards documentation:

 Yesterday I mentioned that I installed GuixSD on bare metal over IRC
channel, in my retroPC that in December this year will be 13 years old
:)
I did a basic installation, almost followed the first example in:
https://guix.info/manual/en/Using-the-Configuration-System.html#Using-the-Configuration-System,
since it is old and it cannot support a GUI, for a example.

I would like to read some other stuff this weekend, but there were
some parts of the documentation that were confusing for me or in which
I made mistakes because instead of being example texinfo commands they
were code. I don't know if that is on purpose.

The example for desktop.scm has the line:
 (device "my-root") instead of (device (file-system-label "my-root"))
I also don't know if that is a mistake or if it is on purpose because
of being newbie :)

I wanted to ask you before doing anything because I'd rather read
other stuff, but if it is OK, then they are two lines, I can change
them and patch them.

Regards :)
Laura