guix-devel

GuixSD on librem phone?

From: swedebugia
Subject: GuixSD on librem phone?
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 03:57:52 -0800

Hi

I would like to know if there is any interest in this?

What processor architecture is it using?
What about blobs? Any news? (see below)

Could we pre-order one or two librem phones owned by the foundation to
be used to to hack on this?

I am looking forward the

Here is a note from the high-priority-projects-2017-progress-report
2017-12-22:
"Purism Librem 5 phones, now available for pre-order, will run a
GNU/Linux-based operating system called PureOS by default, and will
allow users to install a different GNU/Linux distribution if they
choose, potentially making this the first phone on the market with fully
libre userspace. Purism emphasizes privacy and security, with features
that include encrypted text and email support, hardware kill switches,
and more. They've already overshot their fundraising goal, indicating
that there is a serious audience for a fully free phone. Unfortunately,
at the time of this writing, Purism has not committed to avoid nonfree
blobs – please help us encourage them to do so."
https://www.fsf.org/bulletin/2017/fall/high-priority-projects-2017-progress-report

--
Cheers
Swedebugia