guix-devel

npm-explorer now with cache! (Was: Re: Need help rdelim. Trying to add c

From: swedebugia
Subject: npm-explorer now with cache! (Was: Re: Need help rdelim. Trying to add caching to the npm-explorer)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 13:19:03 -0800

Hi people

I added a disk-caching and documented the npm-explorer.

Now we can share caches if we want.

The graph of ssb-patchwork (a scuttlebutt network server and client) is
attached - it has 536 recursive dependencies.

After having the packages.json in the cache it is lightning fast! 13
seconds instead of 8 minutes of fetching from npm-registry!

The script now lives (also) here:
https://gitlab.com/swedebugia/guile-npm-explorer

----