guix-devel

Internet Archive APIs useful as fallback?

From: swedebugia
Subject: Internet Archive APIs useful as fallback?
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 06:26:28 +0100

Hi

I stumbled over these at clintons blog and thought I would share them here if anybody is interested.

APIs for content other that way-back machine:
https://blog.archive.org/2018/12/13/documentation-for-public-apis-at-the-internet-archive/

APIs for the way-back machine:
https://archive.org/help/wayback_api.php

excerp:
Wayback Availability JSON API

This simple API for Wayback is a test to see if a given url is archived and currenlty accessible in the Wayback Machine. This API is useful for providing a 404 or other error handler which checks Wayback to see if it has an archived copy ready to display. The API can be used as follows:
http://archive.org/wayback/available?url=example.com

which might return:

{
    "archived_snapshots": {