guix-devel

Re: What's up with the .texi files always "changing"?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: What's up with the .texi files always "changing"?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 09:48:22 +0100

Just add them to .gitignore would hide the issue. As long as we don't forget to
commit the texi files along with uodates to the po files, it's fine.

Another solution would be to find a way to be able to generate them completely,
so we don't need to add them to git. The issue is that the autotools don't like
that: they refuse to work if the texi files are not present, which would be the
case for fresh checkouts. I'd prefer this kind of solution though.

Note that .po files are also updated after a fresh make on a clean checkout,
but maybe less often than the translated manuals.