guix-devel

Re: CDN Test Results - Should We Continue Using a CDN?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: CDN Test Results - Should We Continue Using a CDN?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:12:14 -0400

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 08:47:59PM -0700, Chris Marusich wrote:
> In addition, CloudFront reports that traffic came from the following
> locations (sorted by bytes transferred):
>
> Location                         Request Count  Request %  Bytes
[...]
> China                            17,841         0.48%      16.45   GB

Looks like someone was benefitting from the CDN in China:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-03/msg00222.html

I vote that we continue using it. During the Guix Days, the availability
of substitutes was identified as a frequent problem with Guix. Anything
we can do to increase availability and download speeds is a good thing
for the project.