guix-devel

Re: Feature requests

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Feature requests
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 23:30:10 +0100

Hi!

I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about incompatible packages, maybe you could give a concrete example? I don't think there's anyching that couldn't go to the store at least… So you can always create separate profiles.

That said, I think people are working on improving the network support in guix environment containers, and I think it's a good thing :). I'm not sure about cgroups, but our environments already provide quite a bit of isolation. Have you tried "guix environment --ad-hoc python --container" for instance? There are more options to control what parts of the file system is available inside the container.