guix-devel

Re: Status update on 1.0

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Status update on 1.0
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 01:09:35 +0100

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 04:26:55PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Anyway, you’re still very much welcome to test the installer!  See the
> manual on how to build the installation image:

I tested an old install image a few weeks old and the
locales/languages in the language selection at the beginning were
apparently not sorted by their English name, but the English name was
displayed, so the sorted order was wrong.  Also, will the locale
chosen at the beginning affect the installer’s locale and use
translations?  (I know there are no translated po files yet for the
installer, but would they get used?)  Would it be possible to first
select the locale in the installer and then select a manual
non-installer setup and be shown the info manual for the chosen locale
instead of the English info manual?

Also in my old install image the image cannot boot on my AMD Radeon
because it gets stuck at

[    9.334790] fb0: switching to radeondrmfb from EFI VGA

but I believe this issue is known and it was said to be due to KMScon
and maybe it is fixed in a current image.