guix-devel

Re: Video narration

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Video narration
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 15:10:55 +0100

Hi Laura,

> Thank you so much for fixing this. It was in my TODO list, but it is
> GREAT and if you can share your knowledge we can work and make the
> videos available asap :)

I have been able to match the aspect ratio of the cli videos to the
nocli videos.  With ffmpeg there is a filtergraph that can be added to
pad the images.  The result is a smooth transition between the two
types.  There is no longer flickering or crashing in the players I have
tested.

The fix is commit 7c5db139081c37cbd4896628e38f5bff8dc5427e.

>  I will go back tomorrow with fixing the timing

Great.  One thought I had on the timing of the cli videos is that there
are two durations at work.  Firstly, the frame rate and the number of
frames:

duration1 (in seconds) = number of frames x 25

Secondly, there is the duration of the audio file (duration2).

Should we check that duration1 approximately equals duration2?  Or
possibly the audio file should always be slightly shorter than the
duration of the frame display.

WDYT?

Best regards,

Paul.