guix-devel

Re: Hurd status?

From: Rene
Subject: Re: Hurd status?
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 21:03:23 +0000

Hello,

Only to share the status of the tests I have done:

* Currently I run Guix (v0.14.0) on Debian/Hurd which takes approximately 2
days to compile and generate the Hurd binaries through `guix system init ..`.

* There are some details with glibc-2.28 and guile-2.2.4, as described:

a) https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-12/msg00364.html
b) https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-02/msg00335.html

* I have done tests for manual activation and creation of users for the first
time in Guix style and it works (Removing packages and dependencies).

* About Shepherd, some services start, most have dependencies on the services
of `file-system- *`; I think more knowledge is required to repair this.

These are my experiences at the moment.

Thank you
Rene