guix-devel

QEmu image configuration

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: QEmu image configuration
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 21:55:46 +0200

Hello,

I've been trying to find the system config.scm used to
generate the QEmu image (0.16.0 from the download
page). I searched inside the booted VM, and tried to
get clues from the documentation. I couldn't find it.

What am I missing ?

Shouldn't it be put in the VM image at /etc/config.scm ?

I finally managed to get the image working, but had to
guess a bit how to do it, I think the doc could be enhanced,
so that newbies like me won't get lost.

I tried to have a look at where is the source for :
"6.2.14 Running GuixSD in a Virtual Machine"
But the guix/doc/guix.texi text I found in the git repo
looked different from what I read on the web site:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Running-GuixSD-in-a-VM.html

Are they out of sync ? Or is the web manual rendered
from an older version of that file ?

Thanks

--
Vincent Legoll