guix-devel

Re: Transmission BitTorrent Client

From: Jonathan Brielmaier
Subject: Re: Transmission BitTorrent Client
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 19:52:53 +0200

Am 26.04.19 um 19:35 schrieb Raghav Gururajan:
> Hello Guix!
>
> I tried installing the package "Transmission". It is not showing up in
> GNOME Menu. Typing "transmission" on terminal also not starting the
> application. But I can see the package installed in my user profile.

The problem here is that the transmission package has two outputs: out
and gui. These are kind of like subpackages. You need the gui one. And
out is the default so transmission means basically transmission:out :)

$ guix package --show=transmission
name: transmission
version: 2.94
outputs: out gui
[...]

In order to install the UI client of transmission, you only need to use:
$ guix package --install=transmission:gui

Then transmission should appear in the GNOME menu or at least as
transmission-gtk in your terminal.

~Jonathan

P.S: I think questions like this fit better on the address@hidden
mailinglist: